Monday, September 8, 2008

Movie: Bread & Tulips

Pane e tulipani (2000), an Italian film, was a very interesting and entertaining movie. In a journey of self-discovery, an unappreciated housewife start a new life in Venice - by herself. Through her new friends and newly-discovered sense of self, she comes to realize that her life really was unfulfilled. The romance was barely noticed and quite surprising - to her and the viewer. Romantic and funny, without being overly sweet or crazy, this movie was a pleasant surprise. Apparently, I like Italian films!
Angie Says This: I loved it. The textures of this Italian movie made me want to pack my bags and leave for Venice on the next train out. Seriously. Turns out I too, love Italian films. Not that I have seen more than half a dozen that I can remember. Lighthearted but thought-provoking. The only thing about watching a subtitled movie is this, if you turn your head for one second, you could miss something. So I suggest watching when you have fresh eyes and maybe aren't quite ready to run a marathon. It goes well with the morning's coffee. Ah cafe! Ciao!

No comments: