Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This Is Not A Film

This past weekend, the Loons watched the 2003 film "This Is Not A Film". A pseudo-documentary of a young man who makes a video-reenactment of his relationship with a lost love.
Through the act of remaking their dates, combined with the analysis of the woman who portrays his lost-love, he begins to discover his part in the downfall.
A clever device, and a decent exploration of the differing views on a relationship, he was searching for Grace, which is the ultimate theme - searching for grace.

I give it a 3 out of 5.
Angie says this is her summary: This film took an idea and made it into a movie. Some parts I liked. Some effects I did not like. In fact they were extremely annoying to me. The jump cuts just bothered me. I can't stand it. It seems to be the "latest" hip technique, but I am old-school and declare the director/editor couldn't come up with an original transitional technique.
I give this film a 2.75 out of 5. (Hey, a 5 is considered a 10 so it was not a bad film at all. Go ahead, watch it yourself and comment. Dare YOU!!!)

No comments: