Monday, January 19, 2009

Reading Material

Looney Talk readers here is another chance for you to voice your opinions. This week we are asking you what are you reading? Go ahead and share your latest adventure book, your romance novel or the best darn article you've read from your favorite mag rag.
Here's what on my list.
Road Show-Neil Peart
(Gave this book to Tim for Christmas and I read it first. How mean am I? If you don't know anything about Tim, you probably shouldn't be reading this blog. However, if you do know and love Tim, you'll know and love this book as well. Neil writes about his travels from one show to another, night after night all the while on a motorcycle. Great look to the inside of a working rock band. I like his style of writing. Reminds me of brother Pete's writing styles. Pete Looney, keep writing and work on publishing your work. I'll read it.
Winterdance-Gary Paulsen
(I am not finished with this, but it is a book I gave Tim for his birthday. OF course, he picked it out, found it on line and bought it for himself. But it was for him. IT is a great look at what it is like to even BEGIN to start racing sled dogs. It is a funny story of a man who really doesn't have a clue to what he is doing. Kinda like someone else we know and love. His mistakes are what makes me laugh out loud. Knowing that I, too, would probably have done what he did. So far so good. I could hardly put the book down last night.

No comments: