Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sick Kid

Remember the days when you were a kid and sick? What did your mother do to make you feel better?
My mom always came when I called, or mostly yelled out her name. MOM!
The boy is sick today. He has been sick since Monday. In fact, Sunday night he was at his dad's and wanted to come home early because he felt sick. I told him to just wait and he'll feel better. Was I wrong.
Now, we are waiting to go see the doctor. I don't claim to be a doctor, but here's my diagnosis: he has the flu. So there may not be anything to give him, but he has asthma so we need to go. I should have taken him earlier but I thought whatever he had would run its course. I didn't go to the Dr. when I was a kid until I passed out and they figured out I had strep throat and mono. I was out sick for 3 weeks, right in the prime season of detasselling corn. I missed out on a bunch of money. And I was only 15. Bummer.
Comment today on your memories of being ill and having your mother, father, grandmother, or other caregiver nursing you back to health.

No comments: